Deviant Eater

Musings on becoming vegan and the changing perspectives it brings.

Monday, January 23, 2006

Book review - Eat to Live

One of the first books I read when I started thinking about changing my diet was Eat to Live. I'm not sure where I read about it first, but it may have been on Steve Pavlina's personal development blog (he has a series of posts there about being vegan, which was another major influence on getting me started).

While reading that book, I realized how bad the choices I was making really were. The books focus is on increasing the ratio or nutrients to calories in your diet, and where that ratio gets off kilter in the typical diet. Needless to say, the diet I followed previously was very unhealthy.

I would recommend this book to anyone looking to find more justification to change the balance of their meals to something more healthy. While I have not tried to apply the strict diet detailed in that book, I believe that it can still be an interesting guide on better choices. This book is not vegan - but many of the principles in this book can be accomplished through healthy vegan choices.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home